All BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety core units or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to four of the following units, which have been mapped as equivalent. Note: BSBWHS519 is new to the core of the Diploma, equivalent to its previous version, and a requirement for entry into the Advanced Diploma.
- BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes.
Total number of units = 11
5 core units plus
6 elective units, of which:
- at least 3 elective units must be from Group A
- for the remaining 3 units:
- up to 3 units may be selected from Group B
- if not listed, 1 unit may be selected from a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBWHS612 Develop and implement a strategy to support a positive WHS culture
BSBWHS613 Evaluate the WHS performance of an organisation
BSBWHS614 Conduct a WHS audit under the guidance of a lead auditor
BSBWHS616 Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks
BSBWHS617 Apply ergonomics to manage WHS risks
BSBAUD601 Establish and manage compliance management systems
BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation
BSBWHS611 Develop and implement strategies that support work-related psychological health and safety
BSBWHS631 Apply occupational hygiene principles to manage WHS risks
BSBINS601 Manage knowledge and information
BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBPMG530 Manage project scope
BSBPMG634 Facilitate stakeholder engagement
BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
BSBSTR602 Develop organisational strategies
TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies