CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations (New Worker) Security Officer (Unarmed) + BODYGUARD + Crowd Control + First Aid. Is the perfect security course for individuals who wish to start in the security industry and gain a security license with multiple functions. Security 3 in Security Operations is the course for you!
The Certificate III in Security Operations (New Worker) course covers everything you will be required to know to apply for a Security Licence with multiple functions. This licence allows you to undertake work in
- unarmed security
- crowd control
Our trainers are Australian and New Zealand ex-military professionals with extensive experience operating in foreign and hostile conditions. Who better to learn from about security operations then a former elite soldier, who works in the industry and can teach you all the skills to make sure that you are ready to enter the work force prepared for any situation.
Upon successful completion of this course, a Certificate III in Security Operations (CPP30411) will be awarded.
Upon completion of this course, successful participants can apply to the Office of Fair Trading for a Class 1 Security Providers Licence with the licence functions:
- Security Officer (Unarmed)
- Security Officer (Bodyguard) and
- Crowd Controller
A First Aid certification is also included in this course with CPR!!!
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Not pose a risk to public safety
- Have no previous criminal convictions in the past 10 years Note; driving offences (e.g. speeding, drink driving, etc.) are not normally disqualifying offence where a conviction was recorded.
- A criminal history check is one of the requirements conducted by the Office of Fair Trading when applying for a Security Licence. It is the responsibility of each participant to check their eligibility with the Office of Fair Trading prior to booking into this course. If participants book into the course and realise they are not eligible, no refund will be applicable.
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold the appropriate Visa to work within the Security Industry in QLD
- Participants must display sufficient language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills required to read and understand organisational policies and procedures, write reports and communicate with others in plain English.
- Prior to enrolment participants may choose to undertake an LLN assessment.
- Find out your LLN level now!
This course is delivered face-to-face over two weeks (11 Days) and is supported by a self-paced assessment workbook.
Week 1 – Monday to Saturday
Week 2 – Monday to Friday
The program incorporates a combination of theory and practice through presentations, group discussions, role plays and self-paced learning to ensure you get the most out of it.
If you have completed previous study that is the same industry as your intended qualification, you may be able to apply for a credit transfer. A copy of the original transcript must be provided when applying for a credit transfer.
Security Providers Licence applications are administered by the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading. The process for preparing and submitting the licence application will be covered on the course. Refer to the Office of Fair Trading website for further information and current licence application fees.
The Security Providers Act 1993 requires individuals who hold Crowd Controller and Bodyguard licence functions to undertake refresher training every three years. All security providers are required to maintain a current First Aid certificate.
If you already hold a current First Aid certificate but it is more than 12 months old, you will need to complete a CPR Refresher in order to apply for or renew your licence.
Training and assessment is delivered in partnership with Asset Training Australia (RTO #31718)