A Diploma in Government Investigations can help ex-military or emergency services personnel gain the competencies required for the conduct and coordination of investigations at the management level in the government. It is suitable for investigation managers in the federal, state, and local government with relevant investigation coordination, supervision, and management responsibilities and duties. After completing the course, you could be on your way to becoming a fraud prevention supervisor, compliance manager, fraud investigation manager, investigation team leader, or an investigation manager.
If you are thinking of pursuing this specialist qualification, here are some tips to make it easier for you:
• Verify the knowledge and experience you will gain: A Diploma of Government Investigations should put you in a learning path that will give you the necessary experience and knowledge in conducting an investigation and evaluating or reviewing investigations. Likewise, it should teach you how to promote compliance with the legislation in the public sector.
• Check for financing options: Some colleges offer interest-free payment plans to students who wish to enrol in the course. These should help make your education affordable and attainable.
• Apply for RPL: If you already have experience working in the government, you may want to consider applying for a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). The process covers former army, air force, navy and emergency services personnel. With an RPL, you could acquire the Diploma of Government Investigations at the earliest.
• Make sure it is a credible college: Consider a school that has partnered with groups that specialise in helping former military personnel to enrich their skills and knowledge, so they may have a smoother experience when returning to civilian life. Groups that are partnered with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) can show proof that you have the knowledge and skills for the qualification you attain.
• Consider online courses: Some colleges offer Diploma of Government Investigations online to make it easier for some students to attend their classes and complete the course.